Wednesday, August 30, 2006

All Clear

Little Feisty and I want nothing more than to build our family. Earlier this month, she stopped taking Tamoxifen after five years and we now have the "all-clear" from her oncologist to work on expanding our family. It's really an amazing thing to think about - the idea of a baby who might look like one of us and who one day will probably act like one of us. The very thought of a mini her or me or us just cracks us up.

Funny though, at 38 I'm still not clear about how people manage having a little one given all the commitments in life. Well, I know the baby - and marriage of course - take priority. The other stuff - home, jobs, daycare, commute, quality of life - will fall into line. I think we worry too much. We shouldn't - because I know we'll do fine and be great parents too and one day, unless we stop it, we'll look back and wonder why we got caught up worrying about silly things.

Anyway, I'm very proud of Feisty. She's faithfully taken the Tamoxifen and now she's done. It's a long time to have to take a pill but she got through it. I think the world of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home