Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Lucky Man

Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am. When times are tough - whether at work or whatever - I can always look forward to spending my evenings and weekends with a beautiful wife who loves me. Not every man can say this about his wife and that's a shame.

It should go without saying, but I will anyway - I love her. I'm so happy she wrote me on Match.com three years ago. She takes care of me and I'm very grateful. And she tries so hard. I love that. Oh, and the little things are a big part of the fun. In fact, they're what it's all about. The "nest" where we find refuge from the world, a goofy picture of me she puts on her bathroom mirror to make her laugh each morning, the silly faces we make at each other - just for laughs.

One recent weekend morning, while relaxing in the nest, watching TV and enjoying a 70's cross-breeze, she puts on an impromptu mini-play - mimicking my habit of sitting with the laptop while giving her the latest news while she flips between reality TV, entertainment news and a Lifetime flick. She played the part of me and her and hid behind the bed to switch characters. A short play just to amuse me and make me laugh. Very sweet and just one example of countless ways she keeps me laughing.

She's wonderful like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home